viernes, 3 de agosto de 2007

"A few good man" adaptation

See the video first. If not you wont enjoy this post.



Now... Back in the first cuatrimestre del 2003, from all 300 students that cursaron datos. Only 28 out of them survived to sat for the final exam. This is known as Giving a Code Red, an order although not mention on any Fiuba book, refers to "cortar cabezas"

You will now be a witness of what happened on the trial that ocurred on the 3rd of August

Saubidet: You want answers?
Tom: I think I'm entitled to them.
Saubidet: You want answers?!
Tom: I want the truth!!!
Saubidet: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Saubidet: (continuing)
Son, we live in a Facultad that has walls.
And those walls have to be guarded by men
with exams. Who's gonna do it? You? You,
Aprendiz de Licenciado? You Ingeneer Wannabe? I have a greater
responsibility than you can possibly
fathom. You weep for all your friends who had to recursar and you
curse the catedra. You have that luxury.
You have the luxury of not knowing what I
know: That all your friends had recursado, while tragic,
probably saved lives. Can you imagine someone who doesnt
know how to organizar datos like I do out there on the field?
Working on critical applications??? And my existence,
while grotesque and incomprehensible to
you, saves lives.



You don't want the truth. Because deep
down, in places you don't talk about at
parties, you want me on that Facultad.
YOU NEED ME ON THAT FACULTAD

We use words like Ansi Compliant, code,
modularity...we use these words as the
backbone to a life spent defending
something. You use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the
inclination to explain myself to a man who
rises and sleeps under the blanket of the
very teachings I provide, then questions the
manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer
you just said thank you and went on your
way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a
chalk and teach a class. Either way, I
don't give a damn what you think you're
entitled to.

Tom: Did you order the code red?

Saubidet: I did the job you sent me to do.

Tom: DID YOU ORDERE THE CODE RED?

Saubidet: You're goddamn right I did.

Tom: Please the court, I suggest the jury be
dismissed so that we can move to an
immediate Article 39a Session of the Fiuba Constitution "Improper conduct for a Jefe of Catedra". The witness has rights.

Saubidet: What the hell's going on?
What the hell's going on? I did
my job. I'd do it again. Now I'm getting
on a plane and going back to my box on the 4th floor.

Juez: Guard the prisoner.

Saubidet: What the hell-

Juez: Ing. Saubidet, you have the right to
remain silent. Any statement you do make
can be used against you in a trial by
court-martial or other judicial or
administrative proceeding. You have the
right ...


Saubidet:I'm being charged with a crime? I'm--
that's what this is--

I'm being charged with a crime? I'm-
that's what's happening? This--I'm-this
is funny, you know that, this is--

I'm gonna tear your eyes right outta your
head and piss in your dead skull. You
fucked with the wrong professor!

Juez: Ingeniero Saubidet, do you understand those
rights as I have just read then to you?

Saubidet: I saved lives. All those alumnos--there were a
weak link. I saved lives, you hear me?

You fuckin' people.
You have no idea how to defend a University.
All you did was weaken FIUBA,Tom. That's all you did. You put
people in danger. Sweet dreams, son.

Tom: Don't call me son.
I'm a FIUBA student. And you're under arrest you
sonofabitch.




And so. Another catedra was opened from that moment on. Servetto's, the rest on the next. "Understanding the history of Fiuba"

Goodbye


Disclaimer: None of this has happend. This is only fiction and by no means Ing Saubidet has acted like this, well It couldnt be proved.

No hay comentarios.: