viernes, 18 de mayo de 2007

Friday

Nueva fuente en la renovada plaza Las Heras


Hoy fue la presentación del nuevo sistema.

You cant imagine how it feels when you see the look on their faces... THEIR FACES man. It's like they were wandering in the desert for 4000 years and then... out of the blue, you appear with your young and fresh mind saying "it can be done, i went to fiuba, I am capable, follow me" and so 7 month later you reproduce a system that makes everything easy...
It's really a wonderful feeling when you make that really big gap between regular people and computers a little bit smaller.
You feel for just 2 bloody minutes the same way Steve Jobs felt when introducing the new apple machintosh. You appear with this whole bag of common sense and usability. And that's it. I know that for you, reader, i'm not saying anything new. But this people have been suffering shitty software for many years.


You click, they look. As some kind of magic was happening, like you where some kind of Criss Angel walking on water.
Of course the previous version was done by some guy who obviously had no clue about programming and designing, which made things a whole lot easier.

I know that I work in an environment where they are used to low quality software, most of it provided by Raul Garcia. But I told myself from the moment I took that job that I wouldnt provide the same crap, the same god damned mediocre software that all this so-called system analyst and programmers have been providing. God damn it! I knew that from the moment I was doing Algoritmos I. I like the idea that I was not infected by the "da lo mismo" state of mind.

I dont know if this new system is perfect in terms of design and so. Probably not, but it's a great improvement from what they've got.

No hay comentarios.: